CID probing leave scam: CM
Ranchi: The CID is probing allegations that constables of a police training centre in Hazaribagh were asked to pay Rs 1000 for a single day leave sanctioned, Jharkhand assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"CID is already investigating it," Chief Minister Arjun Munda said.
Earlier Speaker C P Singh had said it had come to his notice that constables were being charged Rs 1000 for a single day leave at the Hazaribagh-based police training centre and the matter required a probe.
Constables and assistant sub-inspectors are trained in that institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?