CID probing leave scam: CM
Ranchi: The CID is probing allegations that constables of a police training centre in Hazaribagh were asked to pay Rs 1000 for a single day leave sanctioned, Jharkhand assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"CID is already investigating it," Chief Minister Arjun Munda said.
Earlier Speaker C P Singh had said it had come to his notice that constables were being charged Rs 1000 for a single day leave at the Hazaribagh-based police training centre and the matter required a probe.
Constables and assistant sub-inspectors are trained in that institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof