CISF chief reviews forces in Naxal-hit areas
Ranchi/New Delhi: CISF chief Rajiv conducted a two-day review of the forces` units in Jharkhand to devise a new strategy to secure vital installations in the Naxal
affected areas of the state.
The Director General, who took over the reins of the force this month and does not use a second name, reviewed the operational preparedness of CISF units which guard the Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) in Ranchi and Bokaro steel
plant, which face constant security threat because of being
located in Naxal-hit areas.
Setting out his priorities, this is the first tour of the
DG who is likely to tour other industrial units in Naxal
The DG, who is accompanied by top CISF officials, also
conducted a review of the Ranchi airport.
According to senior officials, CISF protected vital
installations in Naxal affected states are an important
concern for the force and hence an overall review of all these
units is underway.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards
important installations and country`s 58 major airports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed