CISF chief reviews forces in Naxal-hit areas
Ranchi/New Delhi: CISF chief Rajiv conducted a two-day review of the forces` units in Jharkhand to devise a new strategy to secure vital installations in the Naxal
affected areas of the state.
The Director General, who took over the reins of the force this month and does not use a second name, reviewed the operational preparedness of CISF units which guard the Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) in Ranchi and Bokaro steel
plant, which face constant security threat because of being
located in Naxal-hit areas.
Setting out his priorities, this is the first tour of the
DG who is likely to tour other industrial units in Naxal
The DG, who is accompanied by top CISF officials, also
conducted a review of the Ranchi airport.
According to senior officials, CISF protected vital
installations in Naxal affected states are an important
concern for the force and hence an overall review of all these
units is underway.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards
important installations and country`s 58 major airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead