CISF constable injured in power plant fire
Bokaro: A CISF constable was friday injured when a fire broke out at Chandrapura Thermal Power Plant of Damodar Valley Corporation, disrupting production in three of its units in Bokaro.
The fire broke out when a cable at the pump connecting cooling tower I and II burst, officials said.
The CISF jawans brought the fire under control during which constable Rajendra Singh received injuries, Chief Engineer R Bansuri told reporters here.
Singh was later admitted to a hospital with burns, he said.
Efforts are on to restart production in the three units, he said, adding the plant supplies power to Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars