CISF constable injured in power plant fire
Bokaro: A CISF constable was friday injured when a fire broke out at Chandrapura Thermal Power Plant of Damodar Valley Corporation, disrupting production in three of its units in Bokaro.
The fire broke out when a cable at the pump connecting cooling tower I and II burst, officials said.
The CISF jawans brought the fire under control during which constable Rajendra Singh received injuries, Chief Engineer R Bansuri told reporters here.
Singh was later admitted to a hospital with burns, he said.
Efforts are on to restart production in the three units, he said, adding the plant supplies power to Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed