CISF constable injured in power plant fire
Bokaro: A CISF constable was friday injured when a fire broke out at Chandrapura Thermal Power Plant of Damodar Valley Corporation, disrupting production in three of its units in Bokaro.
The fire broke out when a cable at the pump connecting cooling tower I and II burst, officials said.
The CISF jawans brought the fire under control during which constable Rajendra Singh received injuries, Chief Engineer R Bansuri told reporters here.
Singh was later admitted to a hospital with burns, he said.
Efforts are on to restart production in the three units, he said, adding the plant supplies power to Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says