CISF constable injured in power plant fire
Bokaro: A CISF constable was friday injured when a fire broke out at Chandrapura Thermal Power Plant of Damodar Valley Corporation, disrupting production in three of its units in Bokaro.
The fire broke out when a cable at the pump connecting cooling tower I and II burst, officials said.
The CISF jawans brought the fire under control during which constable Rajendra Singh received injuries, Chief Engineer R Bansuri told reporters here.
Singh was later admitted to a hospital with burns, he said.
Efforts are on to restart production in the three units, he said, adding the plant supplies power to Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them