Clear political uncertainty in Jharkhand: RJD to allies
Ranchi: The Rastriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Thursday asked the BJP and the JMM to clear the air of "political uncertainty" instead of locking horns over their purported 28-month-each power-sharing formula in Jharkhand.
"Both the parties should clear the political uncertainty prevailing in the state following their claims and denials over a power sharing deal," RJD’s legislature party leader Annapurna Devi said here.
"The people have the right to know whether there was a deal between the BJP and the JMM. If the JMM is serious enough in its stand it should withdraw support to the BJP-led government instead of repeatedly raking up the issue...And so also the BJP, if it wants an end to the political uncertainty," she added.
Asked whether her party preferred a mid-term poll in any eventuality, Devi said, "Unfortunately Jharkhand has received fractured mandate in the previous two elections leading to political uncertainties. And there is no hope of any party getting a majority in the next elections too."
To another query as to whether the RJD would support any alternative government if the JMM withdrew support, she said, "Let them first take a decision then our party will decide on it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days