Clear political uncertainty in Jharkhand: RJD to allies
Ranchi: The Rastriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Thursday asked the BJP and the JMM to clear the air of "political uncertainty" instead of locking horns over their purported 28-month-each power-sharing formula in Jharkhand.
"Both the parties should clear the political uncertainty prevailing in the state following their claims and denials over a power sharing deal," RJD’s legislature party leader Annapurna Devi said here.
"The people have the right to know whether there was a deal between the BJP and the JMM. If the JMM is serious enough in its stand it should withdraw support to the BJP-led government instead of repeatedly raking up the issue...And so also the BJP, if it wants an end to the political uncertainty," she added.
Asked whether her party preferred a mid-term poll in any eventuality, Devi said, "Unfortunately Jharkhand has received fractured mandate in the previous two elections leading to political uncertainties. And there is no hope of any party getting a majority in the next elections too."
To another query as to whether the RJD would support any alternative government if the JMM withdrew support, she said, "Let them first take a decision then our party will decide on it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?