CM hands over money to student injured in acid attack in J’khand
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Saturday handed over a cheque for Rs 1.5 lakh to a student, Rahul Kumar who suffered injuries after some miscreants threw acid on his face.
The money was sponsored by Jharkhand Chamber of Commerce, according to an official release here.
Lauding the Chamber for footing its financial support in the treatment of the injured charted account student, Munda expressed optimism that the student would recover fully and complete his studies.
Kumar, who hails from Bijupara in Ranchi district, was attacked by some persons with acid some time back, and is being treated at a local hospital here.
Stating that such incidents should not happen in the 21st century, the chief minister assured funds from CM’s Relief Fund to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred