CM hands over money to student injured in acid attack in J’khand
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Saturday handed over a cheque for Rs 1.5 lakh to a student, Rahul Kumar who suffered injuries after some miscreants threw acid on his face.
The money was sponsored by Jharkhand Chamber of Commerce, according to an official release here.
Lauding the Chamber for footing its financial support in the treatment of the injured charted account student, Munda expressed optimism that the student would recover fully and complete his studies.
Kumar, who hails from Bijupara in Ranchi district, was attacked by some persons with acid some time back, and is being treated at a local hospital here.
Stating that such incidents should not happen in the 21st century, the chief minister assured funds from CM’s Relief Fund to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users