CMs should be brought under Lokpal Bill: Marandi
Ranchi: Supporting Anna Hazare`s demand to
include the PM under the Jan Lokpal Bill, former
Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Tuesday demanded that
Chief Ministers should also be included in the anti-graft bill
to check in corruption.
"The Centre should immediately adhere to Anna Hazare`s
demand to pass the bill including prime minister under its
coverage, besides including chief ministers, MPs, MLAs,"
Marandi, who observed a day`s fast in a show of support to
Hazare, told reporters here.
"If prime minister, chief minister, MPs and MLAs are not
included in the bill, our party MPs will vote against the bill
in Parliament," Marandi said.
Marandi`s JVM(P) has two MPs in Lok Sabha.
Leaders and activists of JVM-P staged the one day hunger
strike in all district headquarters.
Meanwhile, various supporting groups of Hazare continued
with their demonstrations for the eighth day across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes