CMs should be brought under Lokpal Bill: Marandi
Ranchi: Supporting Anna Hazare`s demand to
include the PM under the Jan Lokpal Bill, former
Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Tuesday demanded that
Chief Ministers should also be included in the anti-graft bill
to check in corruption.
"The Centre should immediately adhere to Anna Hazare`s
demand to pass the bill including prime minister under its
coverage, besides including chief ministers, MPs, MLAs,"
Marandi, who observed a day`s fast in a show of support to
Hazare, told reporters here.
"If prime minister, chief minister, MPs and MLAs are not
included in the bill, our party MPs will vote against the bill
in Parliament," Marandi said.
Marandi`s JVM(P) has two MPs in Lok Sabha.
Leaders and activists of JVM-P staged the one day hunger
strike in all district headquarters.
Meanwhile, various supporting groups of Hazare continued
with their demonstrations for the eighth day across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach