CMs should be brought under Lokpal Bill: Marandi
Ranchi: Supporting Anna Hazare`s demand to
include the PM under the Jan Lokpal Bill, former
Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Tuesday demanded that
Chief Ministers should also be included in the anti-graft bill
to check in corruption.
"The Centre should immediately adhere to Anna Hazare`s
demand to pass the bill including prime minister under its
coverage, besides including chief ministers, MPs, MLAs,"
Marandi, who observed a day`s fast in a show of support to
Hazare, told reporters here.
"If prime minister, chief minister, MPs and MLAs are not
included in the bill, our party MPs will vote against the bill
in Parliament," Marandi said.
Marandi`s JVM(P) has two MPs in Lok Sabha.
Leaders and activists of JVM-P staged the one day hunger
strike in all district headquarters.
Meanwhile, various supporting groups of Hazare continued
with their demonstrations for the eighth day across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM