‘Coal king’ shot dead in Dhanbad
Dhanbad: Son of BJP MLA Kunti
Singh and two others were named in an FIR on Thursday for the
gunning down of local Congress leader Suresh Singh in Dhanbad
Tejnarain Singh, the father of slain treasurer of the
Dhanbad District Congress Committee Suresh Singh filed the FIR
at the Sadar police station against Ramadhir Singh, his son
Sashi Singh and MLA Kunti Singh’s son Sanjiv Singh charging
them with murder of his son, Inspector General of Police
Murari Lal Meena told a press conference here.
Ramadhir Singh, who is the chairman of Balia District
Board in Uttar Pradesh, was accused of being a conspirator
while Sanjiv and Sashi were named as `shooters`, Meena said.
Singh, who is often termedas ‘coal king’, had gone to the Dhanbad Club on Circular Road to take part in a function organised by Nunu Singh who is the owner of Hotel Zeal located in Hirapur.
As per reports, Singh reached the club, located very near to Police Superintendent’s residence, at around 8.15 pm. Four unidentified youth came there at around 9.15 pm and before anybody to react they pumped bullets into Singh a fled.
He was taken to Central Hospital where the doctors declared him dead at 9.45 pm.
Singh, who was facing charges in the killing of a coal
trader Pramod Singh seven years ago, had unsuccessfully fought
Jharia seat in the 2005 and the 2009 assembly elections. He
lost to BJP’s Kunti Singh in both the elections.
Many shops downed shutters across the coal township.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player