‘Coal king’ shot dead in Dhanbad
Dhanbad: Son of BJP MLA Kunti
Singh and two others were named in an FIR on Thursday for the
gunning down of local Congress leader Suresh Singh in Dhanbad
Tejnarain Singh, the father of slain treasurer of the
Dhanbad District Congress Committee Suresh Singh filed the FIR
at the Sadar police station against Ramadhir Singh, his son
Sashi Singh and MLA Kunti Singh’s son Sanjiv Singh charging
them with murder of his son, Inspector General of Police
Murari Lal Meena told a press conference here.
Ramadhir Singh, who is the chairman of Balia District
Board in Uttar Pradesh, was accused of being a conspirator
while Sanjiv and Sashi were named as `shooters`, Meena said.
Singh, who is often termedas ‘coal king’, had gone to the Dhanbad Club on Circular Road to take part in a function organised by Nunu Singh who is the owner of Hotel Zeal located in Hirapur.
As per reports, Singh reached the club, located very near to Police Superintendent’s residence, at around 8.15 pm. Four unidentified youth came there at around 9.15 pm and before anybody to react they pumped bullets into Singh a fled.
He was taken to Central Hospital where the doctors declared him dead at 9.45 pm.
Singh, who was facing charges in the killing of a coal
trader Pramod Singh seven years ago, had unsuccessfully fought
Jharia seat in the 2005 and the 2009 assembly elections. He
lost to BJP’s Kunti Singh in both the elections.
Many shops downed shutters across the coal township.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1