Cold wave sweeping across Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand is in the grip of a cold wave following strong north-westerly winds.
Hazaribagh was the coldest place in the day with a minimum of 5.4 degree C and a maximum of 19.2 degree C, according to the MeT department.
Ranchi recorded a minimum of 8 deg C and a maximum of 21.6 deg C, while the minimum temperatures in steel cities of Jamshedpur and Bokaro were 13 deg C and 11 deg C.
The mercury hovered around 10 deg C in several districts of the state.
A day after reopening of schools following the winter vacation, the authorities in many schools announced a closure till January 11 due to chilly weather conditions.
"Cold wave conditions in the state will continue for some more time due to the north-westerly chilly winds," said A Wadood, weather scientist with the Birsa Agriculture University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?