Cold wave sweeping across Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand is in the grip of a cold wave following strong north-westerly winds.
Hazaribagh was the coldest place in the day with a minimum of 5.4 degree C and a maximum of 19.2 degree C, according to the MeT department.
Ranchi recorded a minimum of 8 deg C and a maximum of 21.6 deg C, while the minimum temperatures in steel cities of Jamshedpur and Bokaro were 13 deg C and 11 deg C.
The mercury hovered around 10 deg C in several districts of the state.
A day after reopening of schools following the winter vacation, the authorities in many schools announced a closure till January 11 due to chilly weather conditions.
"Cold wave conditions in the state will continue for some more time due to the north-westerly chilly winds," said A Wadood, weather scientist with the Birsa Agriculture University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened