Cold wave sweeping across Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand is in the grip of a cold wave following strong north-westerly winds.
Hazaribagh was the coldest place in the day with a minimum of 5.4 degree C and a maximum of 19.2 degree C, according to the MeT department.
Ranchi recorded a minimum of 8 deg C and a maximum of 21.6 deg C, while the minimum temperatures in steel cities of Jamshedpur and Bokaro were 13 deg C and 11 deg C.
The mercury hovered around 10 deg C in several districts of the state.
A day after reopening of schools following the winter vacation, the authorities in many schools announced a closure till January 11 due to chilly weather conditions.
"Cold wave conditions in the state will continue for some more time due to the north-westerly chilly winds," said A Wadood, weather scientist with the Birsa Agriculture University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview