Compensation to kin of elephant victims doubled
Ranchi: Compensation amount to the families losing any member in elephant attack has been
doubled, Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto informed the state assembly on Monday.
"We have proposed to increase from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh to families losing a member in the event of an elephant attack," Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who has
forest department among his portfolios, said.
The decision was taken following the spurt in elephant
attacks in recent months.
Families losing crops during raids by elephants would
get Rs 3000 per hectare while earlier it was Rs 1000 per
hectare, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug