Compensation to kin of elephant victims doubled
Ranchi: Compensation amount to the families losing any member in elephant attack has been
doubled, Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto informed the state assembly on Monday.
"We have proposed to increase from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh to families losing a member in the event of an elephant attack," Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who has
forest department among his portfolios, said.
The decision was taken following the spurt in elephant
attacks in recent months.
Families losing crops during raids by elephants would
get Rs 3000 per hectare while earlier it was Rs 1000 per
hectare, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail