Compensation to kin of elephant victims doubled
Ranchi: Compensation amount to the families losing any member in elephant attack has been
doubled, Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto informed the state assembly on Monday.
"We have proposed to increase from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh to families losing a member in the event of an elephant attack," Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who has
forest department among his portfolios, said.
The decision was taken following the spurt in elephant
attacks in recent months.
Families losing crops during raids by elephants would
get Rs 3000 per hectare while earlier it was Rs 1000 per
hectare, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan