Complainant to get case status through SMS
Hazaribagh: People will be able to know the progress of their complaints to police through SMS with the launching of a police helpline service in Hazaibag district of Jharkhand Monday.
"The main purpose is to give the complainant quick justice. An ID will be provided to the complainant who will get all information regarding the latest status of his or her complaint through SMS," Inspector General of Police (Bokaro range) Murarilal Meena said.
Through the helpline, police would also be able to ask for documents and other evidences to enable submitting of charge-sheet of the cases quickly.
Another feature of this helpline, he said, would be to link it with the network that could help senior officials from the ranks of SP, DSP and DIG to monitor the progress of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket