Complainant to get case status through SMS
Hazaribagh: People will be able to know the progress of their complaints to police through SMS with the launching of a police helpline service in Hazaibag district of Jharkhand Monday.
"The main purpose is to give the complainant quick justice. An ID will be provided to the complainant who will get all information regarding the latest status of his or her complaint through SMS," Inspector General of Police (Bokaro range) Murarilal Meena said.
Through the helpline, police would also be able to ask for documents and other evidences to enable submitting of charge-sheet of the cases quickly.
Another feature of this helpline, he said, would be to link it with the network that could help senior officials from the ranks of SP, DSP and DIG to monitor the progress of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins