Complainant to get case status through SMS
Hazaribagh: People will be able to know the progress of their complaints to police through SMS with the launching of a police helpline service in Hazaibag district of Jharkhand Monday.
"The main purpose is to give the complainant quick justice. An ID will be provided to the complainant who will get all information regarding the latest status of his or her complaint through SMS," Inspector General of Police (Bokaro range) Murarilal Meena said.
Through the helpline, police would also be able to ask for documents and other evidences to enable submitting of charge-sheet of the cases quickly.
Another feature of this helpline, he said, would be to link it with the network that could help senior officials from the ranks of SP, DSP and DIG to monitor the progress of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok