Complainant to get case status through SMS
Hazaribagh: People will be able to know the progress of their complaints to police through SMS with the launching of a police helpline service in Hazaibag district of Jharkhand Monday.
"The main purpose is to give the complainant quick justice. An ID will be provided to the complainant who will get all information regarding the latest status of his or her complaint through SMS," Inspector General of Police (Bokaro range) Murarilal Meena said.
Through the helpline, police would also be able to ask for documents and other evidences to enable submitting of charge-sheet of the cases quickly.
Another feature of this helpline, he said, would be to link it with the network that could help senior officials from the ranks of SP, DSP and DIG to monitor the progress of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report