Cong appears in no hurry to form govt in Jharkhand
New Delhi: Congress appears to be in no hurry to put together a new government in Jharkhand after the fall of Arjun Munda-led BJP ministry and could prefer a brief spell of President`s rule in the state.
Sibu Soren-led JMM, which withdrew support from Munda-led BJP government, is learnt to have approached some leaders in Congress to explore formation of a new government in the state but the latter is learnt to be in favour of being cautious.
Congress` caution stems from the fact that it had burnt its fingers by supporting independent Madhu Koda-led government in the past as it had to face public criticism for the irregularities that happened in Koda administration, party sources said.
Pressure is also mounting on Congress high command from state party leaders with at least eight MLAs arriving in the national capital to nudge the senior leaders to agree to a new political option.
"JMM is approaching Congress. If they want to talk, why can`t we. They are our allies at the Centre. They had voted with us twice in Parliament. The state unit of Congress is not in favour of President Rule or the dissolution of Assembly.
We have apprised the AICC in-charge of Jharkhand of our views. Now a decision has to be taken by the central leadership. We will accept whatever they decide," CLP leader of the state Rajinder Prasad Singh told PTI.
However, Congress spokesperson P C Chacko said "the state unit of Congress has not taken any decision. No political decision has been taken either by the state unit or by the central leaders on the issue".
Congress is likely to use a brief spell of President`s Rule to prod JMM to come to some "reasonable agreement" with it.
Though Chacko refused to go into specifics of the options before Congress saying they are "premature" at this time, he dismissed Munda`s recommendation for the dissolution of the House saying the recommendation of a "minority government" is not binding on Governor as per the precedence in past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you