Cong core committee to decide on Jharkhand’s fate
Ranchi: Congress Friday said the party’s core committee was discussing the prospect of an alternative government in Jharkhand.
"The core committee is discussing it and I`ll inform you the outcome," AICC leader Hariprasad told reporters when asked whether there was any prospect of a new government formation in alliance with the JMM.
"The party has always favoured popular government, but the President’s Rule has been imposed following the fall of the previous government," said Hariprasad, the newly appointed in-charge of party’s Jharkhand affairs.
The JMM, which had on January 8 withdrew support to the BJP-led government, is currently banking on the support of Congress and RJD to form a new dispensation.
Hemant Soren, JMM Legislature Party Leader and deputy chief minister in the erstwhile Arjun Munda government, had urged Governor Syed Ahmed to give him time to discuss with like-minded parties for an alternative dispensation soon after the collapse of BJP/JMM/Ajsu/JDU ruling coalition.
The delay, however, led the governor to recommend President`s Rule keeping the state assembly under suspended animation and the central rule began from January 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog