Cong core committee to decide on Jharkhand’s fate
Ranchi: Congress Friday said the party’s core committee was discussing the prospect of an alternative government in Jharkhand.
"The core committee is discussing it and I`ll inform you the outcome," AICC leader Hariprasad told reporters when asked whether there was any prospect of a new government formation in alliance with the JMM.
"The party has always favoured popular government, but the President’s Rule has been imposed following the fall of the previous government," said Hariprasad, the newly appointed in-charge of party’s Jharkhand affairs.
The JMM, which had on January 8 withdrew support to the BJP-led government, is currently banking on the support of Congress and RJD to form a new dispensation.
Hemant Soren, JMM Legislature Party Leader and deputy chief minister in the erstwhile Arjun Munda government, had urged Governor Syed Ahmed to give him time to discuss with like-minded parties for an alternative dispensation soon after the collapse of BJP/JMM/Ajsu/JDU ruling coalition.
The delay, however, led the governor to recommend President`s Rule keeping the state assembly under suspended animation and the central rule began from January 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick