Cong MLA demands watch on horse-trading in RS polls
Ranchi: Congress MLA Madhavlal on Tuesday
demanded that the government should initiate vigilance or CID
raids to prevent "horse-trading" in the run up to Rajya Sabha
elections for two seats from Jharkhand.
"There should be vigilance or CID raids on any
thailawala (cash carrier) as some candidates (who filed
papers from Jharkhand) don’t even have single member in the
assembly," Madhavlal said in the state assembly.
Reacting to his apprehensions, Agriculture Minister
Satyanand Jha asked Madhavlal how could Congress expect to win
a seat with only thirteen MLAs in the house.
Madhavlal said, "Why BJP did not field a candidate
despite having 18 MLAs and instead is supporting an
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Samresh
Singh alleged that some candidates were trying to enter the
upper house through backdoor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?