Cong to introspect defeat: PCC
Ranchi: A disappointed Congress would introspect what went wrong in the Hatia assembly by-poll after Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay’s brother, Sunil Kumar Sahay, bit the dust today.
We have tried our best to convince the electorate that the Congress stands for development of the area, but we remained unsuccessful, Jharkhand PCC General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said after his party candidate finished a poor fourth.
Sinha, however, did not subscribe to a section of the party’s argument that the resignation of former state Congress President Pratibha Pandey and her husband Arun Pandey days before the June 12 bypoll.
That argument does not stand, as both Pratibha Pandey and Arun Pandey joined the BJP. Had their clout been that strong in Hatia, the BJP would have won instead of finishing third, contended Sinha.
We will sit down and introspect what went wrong in the run up to the bypoll. The Congress has always been with the people and will remain so with the people of Hatia in their struggle for development of their constituency, Sinha added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!