Cong to introspect defeat: PCC
Ranchi: A disappointed Congress would introspect what went wrong in the Hatia assembly by-poll after Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay’s brother, Sunil Kumar Sahay, bit the dust today.
We have tried our best to convince the electorate that the Congress stands for development of the area, but we remained unsuccessful, Jharkhand PCC General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said after his party candidate finished a poor fourth.
Sinha, however, did not subscribe to a section of the party’s argument that the resignation of former state Congress President Pratibha Pandey and her husband Arun Pandey days before the June 12 bypoll.
That argument does not stand, as both Pratibha Pandey and Arun Pandey joined the BJP. Had their clout been that strong in Hatia, the BJP would have won instead of finishing third, contended Sinha.
We will sit down and introspect what went wrong in the run up to the bypoll. The Congress has always been with the people and will remain so with the people of Hatia in their struggle for development of their constituency, Sinha added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed