Congress hits back at BJP for Jharkhand neglected charge
New Delhi: Hitting back at Narendra Modi for accusing UPA government of ignoring Jharkhand, Congress Monday charged BJP with "misleading" the people and pointed out that the opposition party had also ruled the state for 8 years.
Union Minister Jairam Ramesh, Chairing the Coordination Committee for Congress-JMM-RJD alliance government in Jharkhand, also sought to turn the table on BJP over its chief Rajnath Singh`s yesterday`s pitch for increasing the number of state assembly seats from 81 to 150 to give adequate representatation to 33 million people of the state.
In a hard-hitting letter to Singh, Ramesh told him that it was the "mistake" of then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to create the new state with so less number of assembly seats.
"This attempt to mislead was made yesterday through `Modivaani` that came from that state. The reality is different. It`s all misleading talk. Narendra Modi and Rajnath Singh said in Ranchi that Jharkhand is poor and so people should ensure their victory in all 14 Lok Sabha seats in the next general election.
"Out of 13 years since Jharkhand came into being, the state had BJP Chief Ministers for more than eight years. Then the biggest responsibility is on them, which he forgets. For eight years and two months, it was a BJP government. The primary responsibility is of BJP," Ramesh said.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Sandip Dikshit said when Modi says that everything was destroyed in Jharkhand, he should also see who ran the governments there all this while.
"We (Congress) are there in government for just last three months. When Modi commented about lack of development in Jharkhand, he forgot that it was the first time that Congress has participated in any government since the state was formed.
"BJP was the first to form a government there after the creation of Jharkhand and they ruled for the maximum period there. May be Modi realizes that the development juggernaut of BJP got halted in Jharkhand," Dikshit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack