Congress, JMM to take final action on government formation
Ranchi: The Congress and the JMM on Sunday appeared to take a `final` course of action after dilly dallying over the formation of an alternative government ever since President`s rule was imposed following the fall of the BJP-led government in Jharkhand on January 8.
"We are watching the situation and talks are going on within the party. I am in Delhi now," Jharkhand PCC President Sukhdeo Bhagat said over phone.
"You may call it second level," he said when asked at what level the party was discussing Jharkhand’s current political situation.
Asked about the two JMM MLAs issuing resignation threats from house membership if the Congress failed to take a decision on government formation before June 16, Bhagat said an alliance was not stitched on the basis of any condition, rather it was formed in the interest of the state.
JMM MLAs Vishnu Prasad Bhaiya and Paulus Surin on Friday issued threats of resigning from the House, wondering what the necessity was for an elected legislature when there was no elected government.
Agreeing to Bhagat`s contention that the two MLAs` warnings were issued in their individual capacity and not that of the party, JMM general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya, however, defended his MLAs, saying it resulted out of `frustration`.
On June 16, the JMM has convened a meeting and the outcome of the party`s decision on the prevailing political situation would be last and final, the JMM leader, authorized to speak on behalf of the party, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why