Congress non-committal on forming govt with JMM
Ranchi: Congress remained non-committal on forming government with Jharkhand Mukti Morcha in the eastern state, with newly appointed state PCC chief Sukdhdeo Bhagat today saying the party would strengthen itself in the run up to the Assembly elections.
"The JMM is a political party and has its priorities and thinking which I can`t control. They are free (to have their own priorities and thoughts)," Bhagat told reporters.
He was replying to a query on Congress`s interest in forming government as JMM had repeatedly said it was upto Congress to initiate government formation after the Shibu Soren-led party withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8.
"We have apprised the party high command of the political situation in Jharkhand and will abide by whatever directive comes," Bhagat said.
The PCC chief said he had given a three-month `home work` to the district chiefs to strengthen the party, spread the central government`s flag-ship programmes. "We have only 13 MLAs. My priority is to strengthen the party," Bhagat said.
Asked whether Congress was preparing for polls and not ready to form government in this term, Bhagat said every party was readying itself for polls.
Even if a government was formed, the parties would prepare for election as it was due next year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’