Congress seeks JMM support to form government in Jharkhand
New Delhi: Amid ongoing political crisis in Jharkhand, the Congress Party is looking forward to form a coalition government with Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and some independent MLAs.
Talking to reporters over the issue on Saturday, Congress leader and party-in-charge for Jharkhand, Shakeel Ahmad said that party is in touch with the JMM and waiting for the Governor’s call.
“I have heard that JMM has met the Governor, but I don’t know what they have discussed. I have talked with Hemant Soren, but nothing has been concretise till date,” said Ahmed.
“When a government fall before its tenure, it is up to the Governor of the concerned state to explore different options to form a new government. The governor had asked all the parties about this and he is taking steps according to his constitutional authority,” he said.
Earlier today, Leaders of the JMM had met Governor Syed Ahmad and staked a claim to form the next government in the state.
The JMM, which pulled out of its coalition government with the BJP last week, is also reportedly willing to form a new government with the Congress, but has got no assurance so far.
The JMM has 18 members in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly and the Congress 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui