Congress seeks JMM support to form government in Jharkhand
New Delhi: Amid ongoing political crisis in Jharkhand, the Congress Party is looking forward to form a coalition government with Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and some independent MLAs.
Talking to reporters over the issue on Saturday, Congress leader and party-in-charge for Jharkhand, Shakeel Ahmad said that party is in touch with the JMM and waiting for the Governor’s call.
“I have heard that JMM has met the Governor, but I don’t know what they have discussed. I have talked with Hemant Soren, but nothing has been concretise till date,” said Ahmed.
“When a government fall before its tenure, it is up to the Governor of the concerned state to explore different options to form a new government. The governor had asked all the parties about this and he is taking steps according to his constitutional authority,” he said.
Earlier today, Leaders of the JMM had met Governor Syed Ahmad and staked a claim to form the next government in the state.
The JMM, which pulled out of its coalition government with the BJP last week, is also reportedly willing to form a new government with the Congress, but has got no assurance so far.
The JMM has 18 members in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly and the Congress 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note