Congress sets up CMP implementation panel for Jharkhand
New Delhi: Keen to ensure proper implementation of key programmes in the coalition-ruled Jharkhand, Congress has set up a Common Minimum Programme Implementation Committee chaired by Union minister Jairam Ramesh.
Congress has five representatives in the eight-member committee with two from Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, which leads the coalition and one member from RJD, an AICC release said on Friday.
Jharkhand PCC chief Sukhdev Bhagat, CLP leader Rajendra Prasad Singh, senior leader Manoj Yadav, Devendra Champia are other members from Congress in the committee.
The three parties joined hands to form an alternative government in Jharkhand last month. Hemant Soren, son of JMM chief Shibu Soren, was sworn in as chief minister on July 13 after the nearly six-month-long central rule was revoked in the state.
Under the alliance pact sealed with JMM, Congress has got 10 of 14 Lok Sabha seats with JMM having to contend with the rest 4.
Governance had been an issue in Jharkhand and Congress was earlier wary of supporting JMM to form a government owing to past experience of propping up independent Madhu Koda as chief minister.
When the alliance was announced on July 5, Congress had said that the coalition government in Jharkhand will function according to a common agenda of governance and a common minimum programme which will be monitored by a coordination committee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference