Congress to contest 10 seats, JMM four in Jharkhand: Hemant Soren
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Saturday reiterated that JMM and Congress had agreed upon seat sharing for the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
"Yes, we have an agreement on seat sharing with Congress contesting 10 and the JMM in four Lok Sabha seats," Soren, who was in the steel city here to take part in the two-day 6th International Santal Conference, said.
"But the constituencies in which the parties would contest has not yet been decided," the CM replied when asked whether the two parties have agreed upon 10:4 seat sharing formula before the JMM-led UPA alliance government was formed in July.
The Chief Minister’s statement came in the wake of JMM Chief Sibu Soren, who had on October 6 in Dumka said that the JMM-Congress would discuss on the seat adjustment issue for the next Lok Sabha poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price