Congress to contest 10 seats, JMM four in Jharkhand: Hemant Soren
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Saturday reiterated that JMM and Congress had agreed upon seat sharing for the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
"Yes, we have an agreement on seat sharing with Congress contesting 10 and the JMM in four Lok Sabha seats," Soren, who was in the steel city here to take part in the two-day 6th International Santal Conference, said.
"But the constituencies in which the parties would contest has not yet been decided," the CM replied when asked whether the two parties have agreed upon 10:4 seat sharing formula before the JMM-led UPA alliance government was formed in July.
The Chief Minister’s statement came in the wake of JMM Chief Sibu Soren, who had on October 6 in Dumka said that the JMM-Congress would discuss on the seat adjustment issue for the next Lok Sabha poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan