Congress to contest 10 seats, JMM four in Jharkhand: Hemant Soren
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Saturday reiterated that JMM and Congress had agreed upon seat sharing for the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
"Yes, we have an agreement on seat sharing with Congress contesting 10 and the JMM in four Lok Sabha seats," Soren, who was in the steel city here to take part in the two-day 6th International Santal Conference, said.
"But the constituencies in which the parties would contest has not yet been decided," the CM replied when asked whether the two parties have agreed upon 10:4 seat sharing formula before the JMM-led UPA alliance government was formed in July.
The Chief Minister’s statement came in the wake of JMM Chief Sibu Soren, who had on October 6 in Dumka said that the JMM-Congress would discuss on the seat adjustment issue for the next Lok Sabha poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what