Congress to contest 10 seats, JMM four in Jharkhand: Hemant Soren
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Saturday reiterated that JMM and Congress had agreed upon seat sharing for the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
"Yes, we have an agreement on seat sharing with Congress contesting 10 and the JMM in four Lok Sabha seats," Soren, who was in the steel city here to take part in the two-day 6th International Santal Conference, said.
"But the constituencies in which the parties would contest has not yet been decided," the CM replied when asked whether the two parties have agreed upon 10:4 seat sharing formula before the JMM-led UPA alliance government was formed in July.
The Chief Minister’s statement came in the wake of JMM Chief Sibu Soren, who had on October 6 in Dumka said that the JMM-Congress would discuss on the seat adjustment issue for the next Lok Sabha poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears