Congress trashes speculation of Madhu Koda`s wife joining party
New Delhi: Scotching speculation about incarcerated former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda`s wife joining Congress, Union minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday said there is no such proposal and "no tainted leader will be encouraged" by Congress with Rahul Gandhi being there.
Ramesh, however, repeatedly clarified that his remarks are not about RJD chief Lalu Prasad about which there are increasing speculations of an alliance in Congress despite reservations from certain quarters.
"Repeatedly this news is being published that Madhu Koda and Gita Koda will join Congress. I want to deny it completely. There is no proposal. Earlier it was published they would join on December 28.
"Now it is being said that they would participate in my presence on January 4. There is no proposal neither was there, nor is nor will be there. With Rahul Gandhi being there, no tainted leader will get encouragement... I am not saying anything about Laluji..I am saying about Koda," Ramesh, who is the Chairman of the Coordination Committee for Congress-JMM government in Jharkhand, told reporters.
Emphasising that Gandhi`s focus is now on corruption, the Union Minister recalled that opposition of Gandhi to Ordinance on tainted law makers, his disagreement with Maharashtra government rejecting the Adarsh probe panel report and his recent directive to all Congress-ruled states to pass an effective Lokayukta Act based on Centre`s Lokpal structure.
"I cannot say what will happen with Laluji. I cannot say anything on that but... But the stand that he (Rahul) took on Lokpal and asked states to make new Lokayukta Act and what he said about Adarsh telling Maharashtra Chief Minister reconsider what the Cabinet did rejecting the report, ...All these give clear indication that on the issue corruption, the Congress Vice President is not ready compromise," Ramesh said.
He said that one should not compromise on the issue of corruption and that "time has come to take clear stand."
Ramesh`s assertion about Gita Koda could be in a series of decisions, the Congress Vice President had taken going against some of the decisions taken in the party earlier.
Sources in the party say that there was indeed a decision earlier to induct Gita Koda.
While Madhu Koda is now an independent MP from Chaibasa Lok Sabha seat, his wife is an MLA from Jagannathpur assembly seat in West Singhbhum district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row