Congress urges govt to give compensation for storm victims
Ranchi: Congress on Sunday urged the Hemant Soren government to give compensation to the families who lost their kin in yesterday`s storm that hit Jharkhand, killing at least eight people.
Expressing grief at the death of people in the storm, PCC chief Sukhdeo Bhagat requested the government to look into the incidents and ensure compensation to the families of the victims, a party release said here.
He also asked better treatment facilities for the injured.
According to police sources, four persons had been killed in Chatra district, three in Dhanbad and one person in East Singhbhum district in yesterday`s thunderstorm that hit the state.
Unconfirmed reports however put the toll at ten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman