Congress yet to take decision on Jharkhand
New Delhi: Amid talk of Assembly polls in Jharkhand likely next month, Congress has still to make up its mind on formation of an alternative government or go for a fresh mandate.
"No decision has been taken so far. We are having consultations. Very soon a view will be taken," party spokesman Shakeel Ahmed told reporters.
Ahmed is also in-charge of party affairs in the state where President`s rule was imposed in January when BJP Chief Minister Arjun Munda resigned after his government was reduced to a minority following withdrawal of support by JMM. In the 81-member Assembly, BJP and JMM have 18 members each.
Reports had it that most of the state Congress leaders are in favour of forming an alternative government but party chief Sonia Gandhi`s reluctance to have any tie-up with JMM has prevented formation of government in the state.
Congress high command has so far not revealed its mind on the issue.
The Munda government had enjoyed the support of six members of All Jharkhand Students` Union, two of JD-U, two Independents and one nominated member.
Opposition Congress has a total of 13 members, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (P) - 11 and RJD - 5 in the House. CPI-ML (L), Marxist Coordination Party, Jharkhand Party (Ekka), Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch and Jai Bharat Samta Party have one member each besides an Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill