Conspiracy angle to be probed in Dhanbad violence: DGP
Ranchi: The violence in Dhanbad of
Jharkhand was beyond expectation and a possible conspiracy
angle would be enquired by the one-man committee headed by
North Chotanagpur Divisional Commissioner Nitin Madan
Kulkarni, Jharkhand police chief GS Rath said on Thursday.
"We did not expect yesterday`s violence in Dhanbad to
take such a bad shape. It was beyond expectation. Anti-social
persons must have conspired and this angle will be
investigated by the divisional commissioner," Rath and Home
Secretary JB Tubid told a joint news conference here.
"The enquiry by divisional commissioner will look into
all aspects," Rath said when asked whether the police
suspected political conspiracy or any extremist element
aggravating the situation.
They said curfew in Dhanbad had to be imposed last
evening after incidents of arson and ransacking continued at
other places too, adding the administration would review if
relaxation of curfew could be given to help the people fetch
The DGP said four persons had been killed and 29
others, including 12 policemen, were injured in the violence
after the police went to assist the Bharat Coking Coal Limited
in the anti-encroachment drive at Matkoria.
Some anti-social elements organised the violence as
the BCCL quarters were vacated by the CISF earlier, he added.
Out of the 17 injured from the public side, 10 persons had
suffered bullet injuries and the rest received pellet strokes.
"The condition of all them is normal," DGP said.
In all 60 rounds of bullets were fired during the
violence at three places at Matkoria under Kenduadih police
station, he said.
The police found pellets of country-made guns which
pointed to the involvement of the anti-social elements, Home
Secretary JB Tubid said.
The officials reminded that the police had gone to
assist the public sector in implementing the high court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test