Conspiracy angle to be probed in Dhanbad violence: DGP
Ranchi: The violence in Dhanbad of
Jharkhand was beyond expectation and a possible conspiracy
angle would be enquired by the one-man committee headed by
North Chotanagpur Divisional Commissioner Nitin Madan
Kulkarni, Jharkhand police chief GS Rath said on Thursday.
"We did not expect yesterday`s violence in Dhanbad to
take such a bad shape. It was beyond expectation. Anti-social
persons must have conspired and this angle will be
investigated by the divisional commissioner," Rath and Home
Secretary JB Tubid told a joint news conference here.
"The enquiry by divisional commissioner will look into
all aspects," Rath said when asked whether the police
suspected political conspiracy or any extremist element
aggravating the situation.
They said curfew in Dhanbad had to be imposed last
evening after incidents of arson and ransacking continued at
other places too, adding the administration would review if
relaxation of curfew could be given to help the people fetch
The DGP said four persons had been killed and 29
others, including 12 policemen, were injured in the violence
after the police went to assist the Bharat Coking Coal Limited
in the anti-encroachment drive at Matkoria.
Some anti-social elements organised the violence as
the BCCL quarters were vacated by the CISF earlier, he added.
Out of the 17 injured from the public side, 10 persons had
suffered bullet injuries and the rest received pellet strokes.
"The condition of all them is normal," DGP said.
In all 60 rounds of bullets were fired during the
violence at three places at Matkoria under Kenduadih police
station, he said.
The police found pellets of country-made guns which
pointed to the involvement of the anti-social elements, Home
Secretary JB Tubid said.
The officials reminded that the police had gone to
assist the public sector in implementing the high court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof