Courier delivery man seized with explosives
Pakur (Jharkhand): A delivery man of a courier company was arrested when he on his way to deliver a consignment of 600 pieces of detonators and 240 pieces of gelatine sticks at Pakur in Jharkhand Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the district police searched the man and him found the explosives, district police superintendent Mayur Patel said adding he was then arrested.
The consignment was to be delivered to two persons, he said adding on interrogation it was known that the company used to deliver two to three such consignments per month.
The detonators were manufactured Dholpur-based Rajasthan Explosives and Chemical Limited, while the gelatine was produced by Nagpur-based company Solar Industries Limited, Patel said.
It was being suspected that smugglers, who used to procure explosives from adjoining West Bengal to supply in the quarries in the district, were now procuring it from western and northern states in view of raids by police, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray