Courier delivery man seized with explosives
Pakur (Jharkhand): A delivery man of a courier company was arrested when he on his way to deliver a consignment of 600 pieces of detonators and 240 pieces of gelatine sticks at Pakur in Jharkhand Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the district police searched the man and him found the explosives, district police superintendent Mayur Patel said adding he was then arrested.
The consignment was to be delivered to two persons, he said adding on interrogation it was known that the company used to deliver two to three such consignments per month.
The detonators were manufactured Dholpur-based Rajasthan Explosives and Chemical Limited, while the gelatine was produced by Nagpur-based company Solar Industries Limited, Patel said.
It was being suspected that smugglers, who used to procure explosives from adjoining West Bengal to supply in the quarries in the district, were now procuring it from western and northern states in view of raids by police, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Indian equity markets slip on negative global cues
- Low job satisfaction can hamper your mental health
- Bold scenes of only big stars are praised, feels Zareen Khan
- Priyanka, Aziz making tectonic shifts in business: Poorna Jagannathan
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand