Courier delivery man seized with explosives
Pakur (Jharkhand): A delivery man of a courier company was arrested when he on his way to deliver a consignment of 600 pieces of detonators and 240 pieces of gelatine sticks at Pakur in Jharkhand Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the district police searched the man and him found the explosives, district police superintendent Mayur Patel said adding he was then arrested.
The consignment was to be delivered to two persons, he said adding on interrogation it was known that the company used to deliver two to three such consignments per month.
The detonators were manufactured Dholpur-based Rajasthan Explosives and Chemical Limited, while the gelatine was produced by Nagpur-based company Solar Industries Limited, Patel said.
It was being suspected that smugglers, who used to procure explosives from adjoining West Bengal to supply in the quarries in the district, were now procuring it from western and northern states in view of raids by police, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport