Court acquits 12 in Topchachi picket police attack
Dhanbad: The Dhanbad District and Sessions court here on Monday acquitted all 12 accused in the 2001 attack on the Topchachi picket police in which Maoists had butchered 14 police personnel and looted weapons.
The district and session judge RN Mishra while delivering the verdict on the incident 11 years ago, absolved all 12 accused for lack of evidences.
Altogether 141 Maoists had been made accused in the case in which police had arrested 12 persons.
Fourteen policemen were killed and five injured during a Maoist attack on a police picket in Topchachi block office campus around 40 km away from the district headquarters during the day on October 31, 2001.
The Maoists also looted 18 SLR, 3 sten guns, 2 nine MM pistol, 936 cartridges, 865 cartridges of sten gun and one dragon light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016