Court for probe into ragging in Jharkhand school
Ranchi: Taking note of media reports on alleged ragging in a school in Koderma district, the Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to probe the incident.
The bench of Chief Justice P.C. Tatia and Justice P.P. Bhatt suo motu took cognizance of reports, photographs and video footage appearing Monday in local newspapers and news channels on the alleged ragging in Sainik School Tilaiya.
The court told the state`s human resource development secretary and director to conduct a probe and submit a report.
The photographs and video footage showed that students of the school were asked to crawl on the ground by their seniors, who also beat them up with belts.
The media reports alleged that five students had left the school due to ragging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY