Court for probe into ragging in Jharkhand school
Ranchi: Taking note of media reports on alleged ragging in a school in Koderma district, the Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to probe the incident.
The bench of Chief Justice P.C. Tatia and Justice P.P. Bhatt suo motu took cognizance of reports, photographs and video footage appearing Monday in local newspapers and news channels on the alleged ragging in Sainik School Tilaiya.
The court told the state`s human resource development secretary and director to conduct a probe and submit a report.
The photographs and video footage showed that students of the school were asked to crawl on the ground by their seniors, who also beat them up with belts.
The media reports alleged that five students had left the school due to ragging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman