Court for probe into ragging in Jharkhand school
Ranchi: Taking note of media reports on alleged ragging in a school in Koderma district, the Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to probe the incident.
The bench of Chief Justice P.C. Tatia and Justice P.P. Bhatt suo motu took cognizance of reports, photographs and video footage appearing Monday in local newspapers and news channels on the alleged ragging in Sainik School Tilaiya.
The court told the state`s human resource development secretary and director to conduct a probe and submit a report.
The photographs and video footage showed that students of the school were asked to crawl on the ground by their seniors, who also beat them up with belts.
The media reports alleged that five students had left the school due to ragging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC