Court for probe into ragging in Jharkhand school
Ranchi: Taking note of media reports on alleged ragging in a school in Koderma district, the Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to probe the incident.
The bench of Chief Justice P.C. Tatia and Justice P.P. Bhatt suo motu took cognizance of reports, photographs and video footage appearing Monday in local newspapers and news channels on the alleged ragging in Sainik School Tilaiya.
The court told the state`s human resource development secretary and director to conduct a probe and submit a report.
The photographs and video footage showed that students of the school were asked to crawl on the ground by their seniors, who also beat them up with belts.
The media reports alleged that five students had left the school due to ragging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened