Court for probe into ragging in Jharkhand school
Ranchi: Taking note of media reports on alleged ragging in a school in Koderma district, the Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to probe the incident.
The bench of Chief Justice P.C. Tatia and Justice P.P. Bhatt suo motu took cognizance of reports, photographs and video footage appearing Monday in local newspapers and news channels on the alleged ragging in Sainik School Tilaiya.
The court told the state`s human resource development secretary and director to conduct a probe and submit a report.
The photographs and video footage showed that students of the school were asked to crawl on the ground by their seniors, who also beat them up with belts.
The media reports alleged that five students had left the school due to ragging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style