CPI (M) camp raided; arms and ammunition recovered
Giridih: A raid was carried out at a camp of the CPI (Maoist) in Giridih district and arms and ammunition were recovered, police said Tuesday.
Led by Additional Superintendent of Police Kundal, the security personnel comprising CRPF, CoBra and district police force men conducted the raid in a jungle near Tesafuli village last night in search of absconding ultras and recovered three rifles, three country-made pistols and 16 live cartridges, Superintendent of Police (Giridih) Kranti Kumar said.
No arrest could be made, but combing operation was on in the foothills of Parasnath jungle in the Naxal-affected district, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley