CPI-ML (Liberation) to contest 8 seats in Jharkhand
Ranchi: CPI (ML-Liberation) on Tuesday announced the list of candidates to contest eight Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand while it would support other parties in the rest six constituencies in the ensuing general elections.
"We will support the Marxist Coordination Committee in Dhanbad while the CPI (M) in Raj Mahal," partys national `general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya said while announcing the list.
In other four constituencies, he added, the party would support smaller regional parties.
He said the party candidates contesting the elections are Bahadur Oraon (Ranchi), Lal Sahi Bhagat (Lohardaga), Susma Mehta (Palamau), Ram Naresh Singh (Chatra), Javed Islam (Hazaribagh), Raj Kumar Yadav (Koderma), Gita Mandal (Godda) and Betia Manjhi (Dumka).
Both CPI-M and CPI-ML(Liberation) will contest the Ranchi Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter