CPI-ML-Liberation to sit in opposition
Ranchi: The CPI-ML (Liberation), which
bagged only one seat in the Jharkhand Assembly election, today
said it would sit in the opposition.
"We will sit in the opposition. And our role will be to
project the issues of the state and raise problems faced by
people," the party`s state secretary Janardhan Prasad said.
The party, which fielded 33 candidates, could win only
one seat from Bagodar where Vinod Kumar Singh was the candidate.
Singh came into politics in 2005 after his father
Mahendra Prasad Singh, a three-time MLA, was shot dead by
suspected Maoists weeks ahead of the 2005 Assembly polls.
"The electorate has rejected 75 per cent of the MLAs who
were in the previous Assembly. This demonstrates that the
people are disillusioned by the political parties which ruled
the state since its creation in 2000," claimed Prasad.
The Marxist Coordination Committee, however, chose to
keep the cards close to its chest, saying it would support
only that combination which could provide a stable government.
"It is not a question of UPA or NDA. We are watching the
developments keenly. We will only extend support to a group
which we feel could give stability in governance," MCC`s
general secretary Anand Mahto said in Dhanbad.
While Mahto lost to AJSU President Sudesh Mahto from
Silli, MCC`s Arup Chatterjee regained the Nirsa seat which
was earlier represented by the AIFB`s Aparna Sengupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA