CPI-ML-Liberation to sit in opposition
Ranchi: The CPI-ML (Liberation), which
bagged only one seat in the Jharkhand Assembly election, today
said it would sit in the opposition.
"We will sit in the opposition. And our role will be to
project the issues of the state and raise problems faced by
people," the party`s state secretary Janardhan Prasad said.
The party, which fielded 33 candidates, could win only
one seat from Bagodar where Vinod Kumar Singh was the candidate.
Singh came into politics in 2005 after his father
Mahendra Prasad Singh, a three-time MLA, was shot dead by
suspected Maoists weeks ahead of the 2005 Assembly polls.
"The electorate has rejected 75 per cent of the MLAs who
were in the previous Assembly. This demonstrates that the
people are disillusioned by the political parties which ruled
the state since its creation in 2000," claimed Prasad.
The Marxist Coordination Committee, however, chose to
keep the cards close to its chest, saying it would support
only that combination which could provide a stable government.
"It is not a question of UPA or NDA. We are watching the
developments keenly. We will only extend support to a group
which we feel could give stability in governance," MCC`s
general secretary Anand Mahto said in Dhanbad.
While Mahto lost to AJSU President Sudesh Mahto from
Silli, MCC`s Arup Chatterjee regained the Nirsa seat which
was earlier represented by the AIFB`s Aparna Sengupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened