CPI(M) blames railways for Bramhaputra Mail mishap
Ranchi: The CPI(M) on Thursday blamed the
railway administration for yesterday`s train accident in
Sahibganj district in Jharkhand that claimed lives of five
"The Brahmaputra Mail mishap in Sahibganj was caused
due to the railway administration`s callous and negligent
attitude towards rail safety and security," CPI(M) Jharkhand
unit secretary G K Baksi said in a statement here.
"The railway administration has overburdened employees
with workload, particularly on drivers and loco running staff,
due to shortage of man power... and there is no maintenance of
tracks and infrastructure," he alleged.
Condoling the death of five passengers in the
collision between Brahmaputra Mail and goods train, he said
"Our party demands proper treatment of the injured and their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back