CPI(Maoist) torch road construction equipment
Garwah (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) on Sunday torched a valuable equipment engaged in road construction work and beaten up two employees of the contractor before setting them free with a warning at Tehla village in naxal-hit Garwah district.
A group of the rebels arrived at the spot in the wee
hours and beat up two assistants of the contractor’s firm
before they poured petroleum product on a JCB machines and set
it on fire, police sources said.
The JCB was engaged in the road construction work under
centre-sponsored Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana.
The construction work, which was stopped after the ultras
had set a JCB machine at the same place around one and half
years ago, was resumed recently following the pressure of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam