CPI(Maoist) torch road construction equipment
Garwah (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) on Sunday torched a valuable equipment engaged in road construction work and beaten up two employees of the contractor before setting them free with a warning at Tehla village in naxal-hit Garwah district.
A group of the rebels arrived at the spot in the wee
hours and beat up two assistants of the contractor’s firm
before they poured petroleum product on a JCB machines and set
it on fire, police sources said.
The JCB was engaged in the road construction work under
centre-sponsored Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana.
The construction work, which was stopped after the ultras
had set a JCB machine at the same place around one and half
years ago, was resumed recently following the pressure of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter