CRPF deploying specially-trained personnel in Naxal-hit areas
New Delhi: After training them for eight months in intensive intelligence gathering, CRPF has begun deploying its specially-trained personnel in Naxal-hit areas and other theatres of operation to gather information at the
Official sources said the trained batches of the CRPF
officers and jawans have been deputed in various theatres of
conflict including in Maoist-affected areas.
The six battalions of the specialised anti-Naxal force
of the CRPF - Special Action Force - already have an in-built
intelligence unit comprising about 30-40 men, which are
functioning in various states including West Bengal,
Chhattisgarh, Orissa and Jharkhand.
The government had on September 1, 2009 sanctioned
1,248 posts for the intelligence wing of the CRPF.
The men have been trained by various Central security
agencies and work in close coordination with the state police
and other intelligence organisations.
"The men go through a rigorous training process where
they are taught all traditional and modern intelligence
gathering mechanism," a source said.
CRPF sources say that some of the recent achievements
against the Naxals have been a result of precise intelligence
regarding the Maoist camps and movements.
The intelligence wing is been established on the lines
of the G-Branch of the BSF.
A need for a separate intelligence wing was felt after
the force got involved in direct combat with extremists and
Naxals in various part of the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know