CRPF holds flag march in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: The CRPF and
police today held flag marches here following tension over the
alleged burning of a religious book, officials said.
The situation in the constituency which went to polls
on December 8, however, was now under control, Deputy
Commissioner of Hazaribagh Vinay Kumar Pandel said.
The Deputy Commissioner said security and polling
personnel posted at Lakshmi Muslim Girls High School here for
polling duty on December 7 night had lit a few candles during
power cut and had put them on the `sandook` (wooden box) in
which some books and papers had been kept.
When they went to sleep at night, they did not put off
the candle due to which a portion of the wooden box caught
fire and got burnt, Pandey said.
In the morning, the polling staff found that a portion
of a holy book was burnt and informed the school principal and
management to report the matter to the authorities.
But the school management instead of taking any action
neither informed higher authorities nor removed the burnt book
to some safer place for avoiding trouble, the DC added.
After the polling on December 8 when the school
re-opened today few students saw the burnt holy book and
informed their parents about the incident, who immediately
reached the spot and started protesting and demanded action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’