CRPF jawan killed, another injured in encounter in Jharkhand
Medininagar: A CRPF jawan was
killed while another suffered injuries in an encounter with
CPI(Maoists) near Matnag village in Palamu district, a senior
CRPF officer said on Friday.
CRPF DIG BK Sharma told PTI that the security personnel
were returning to their base in Palamu after recovering the
bodies of an electrical engineer Jitendra Singh and another
person Mukesh Yadav, who were allegedly abducted by Maoists
from Porsam in Latehar district when they were fired upon by
the Maoists on Thursday evening near Matang village.
One CRPF jawan Amandeep Singh, a resident of Hoshiarpur
in Punjab was killed in the encounter while another jawan DK
Rathi, a resident of Alwar in Rajasthan was injured, he said.
Sharma said the encounter lasted till this morning and the
injured jawan has been airlifted to Ranchi for treatment.
A massive search was on in the bordering areas of Palamu
and Latehar district to flush out the extremists, the DIG
Singh and Yadav were working for a private power company
which was engaged in construction of a power plant and were
allegedly abducted by Maoist on March 17 from Latehar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Silsila was trashed by media at time of release: Amitabh Bachchan
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams