CRPF jawan killed, another injured in encounter with Maoist
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A CRPF jawan was
killed while another suffered injuries in an encounter with
CPI(Maoists) near Matnag village in Palamu district, a senior
CRPF officer said on Friday.
CRPF DIG B K Sharma told PTI that the security personnel
were returning to their base in Palamu after recovering the
bodies of an electrical engineer Jitendra Singh and another
person Mukesh Yadav, who were allegedly abducted by Maoists
from Porsam in Latehar district when they were fired upon by
the Maoists last evening near Matang village.
One CRPF jawan Amandeep Singh, a resident of Hoshiarpur
in Punjab was killed in the encounter while another jawan D K
Rathi, a resident of Alwar in Rajasthan was injured, he said.
Sharma said the encounter lasted till this morning and the
injured jawan has been airlifted to Ranchi for treatment.
A massive search was on in the bordering areas of Palamu
and Latehar district to flush out the extremists, the DIG
Singh and Yadav were working for a private power company
which was engaged in construction of a power plant and were
allegedly abducted by Maoist on March 17 from Latehar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'