CRPF jawan killed in IED blast
Jamshedpur: A CRPF jawan was
on Thursday killed in an IED blast triggered by suspected Maoists
near Mahadebeda in Saraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand.
"Chandrasekhar Reddy, a jawan of 193 battalion of
CRPF, was killed when the blast ripped a group of security
personnel as they were returning after destroying a Maoist
camp," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Chandil), Madan Mohan
Lal told an agency.
He said no other jawan was injured in the blast.
The security personnel were on a long range patrolling
in the Maoist-hit pockets of Chowka and were returning on
foot, Lal said.
A massive combing operation was launched in the area
after the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing