CRPF, Maoists exchange gunfire in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): Security forces and Maoists on Monday exchanged gunfire near Badkitand village in Giridih district.
Jawans of the CRPF`s 26th battalion rushed to the village after getting information that the rebels had assembled there, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said.
On sighting the security force, the left-wing guerrillas fired at them and in the strong retaliatory action the Maoists retreated deeper into the forests, Kumar said.
There was no loss of life on either side.
A rifle, 40 bullets, uniform, solar plate, medicines and other materials were recovered from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read