CRPF, Maoists exchange gunfire in Jharkhand
Giridih (Jharkhand): Security forces and Maoists on Monday exchanged gunfire near Badkitand village in Giridih district.
Jawans of the CRPF`s 26th battalion rushed to the village after getting information that the rebels had assembled there, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said.
On sighting the security force, the left-wing guerrillas fired at them and in the strong retaliatory action the Maoists retreated deeper into the forests, Kumar said.
There was no loss of life on either side.
A rifle, 40 bullets, uniform, solar plate, medicines and other materials were recovered from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report