CRPF, PLFI ultras exchange gunfire in Jharkhand
Khunti: CRPF and Jharkhand police exchanged gunfire with ultras of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) on Monday in Madhe-Madhukam forest in Khunti district, police said.
"About 30 rounds were exchanged between Jiden Guria squad of the PLFI and the personnel of the CRPF, the Jharkhand Armed Police and the district police," sub-divisional police officer Ashwini Kumar Sinha said here.
The security personnel were on a search operation when they were fired upon by the ultras at around 4 pm, he said, adding the ultras fled following strong retaliatory action. There was no casualty of injury in the incident.
Seven rounds of bullets, wire, a country-made gun, four pairs of uniform and four motor-cycles were recovered from the encounter spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users