CRPF, PLFI ultras exchange gunfire in Jharkhand
Khunti: CRPF and Jharkhand police exchanged gunfire with ultras of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) on Monday in Madhe-Madhukam forest in Khunti district, police said.
"About 30 rounds were exchanged between Jiden Guria squad of the PLFI and the personnel of the CRPF, the Jharkhand Armed Police and the district police," sub-divisional police officer Ashwini Kumar Sinha said here.
The security personnel were on a search operation when they were fired upon by the ultras at around 4 pm, he said, adding the ultras fled following strong retaliatory action. There was no casualty of injury in the incident.
Seven rounds of bullets, wire, a country-made gun, four pairs of uniform and four motor-cycles were recovered from the encounter spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket