CRPF, PLFI ultras exchange gunfire in Jharkhand
Khunti: CRPF and Jharkhand police exchanged gunfire with ultras of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) on Monday in Madhe-Madhukam forest in Khunti district, police said.
"About 30 rounds were exchanged between Jiden Guria squad of the PLFI and the personnel of the CRPF, the Jharkhand Armed Police and the district police," sub-divisional police officer Ashwini Kumar Sinha said here.
The security personnel were on a search operation when they were fired upon by the ultras at around 4 pm, he said, adding the ultras fled following strong retaliatory action. There was no casualty of injury in the incident.
Seven rounds of bullets, wire, a country-made gun, four pairs of uniform and four motor-cycles were recovered from the encounter spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket