CRPF, PLFI ultras exchange gunfire in Jharkhand
Khunti: CRPF and Jharkhand police exchanged gunfire with ultras of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) on Monday in Madhe-Madhukam forest in Khunti district, police said.
"About 30 rounds were exchanged between Jiden Guria squad of the PLFI and the personnel of the CRPF, the Jharkhand Armed Police and the district police," sub-divisional police officer Ashwini Kumar Sinha said here.
The security personnel were on a search operation when they were fired upon by the ultras at around 4 pm, he said, adding the ultras fled following strong retaliatory action. There was no casualty of injury in the incident.
Seven rounds of bullets, wire, a country-made gun, four pairs of uniform and four motor-cycles were recovered from the encounter spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Your depressed better-half can make you sad too!
- 70% want Narendra Modi to be PM till 2024, 62% happy with his performance: Survey
- Chhota Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar
- World's largest telescope may be set up in Ladakh
- Top quotes by PM Narendra Modi at launch of free LPG scheme for poor families