Curfew relaxed for two hrs in Chatra, situation normal
Chatra (Jharkhand): Situation in the curfew-bound Pathalgadha block in Chatra district returned normal on Monday as the administration allowed two hours break for the citizens to purchase essential commodities.
"There has been no incident in the last 48 hours. Curfew was relaxed between 2 pm and 4 pm. We may allow 5-6 hours relaxation tomorrow too," Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray told PTI over phone.
The indefinite curfew was imposed in the block having 5000 population yesterday following a clash on Saturday in which one person was killed and several others got injured during immersion of Saraswati idol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown