Curfew relaxed for two hrs in Chatra, situation normal
Chatra (Jharkhand): Situation in the curfew-bound Pathalgadha block in Chatra district returned normal on Monday as the administration allowed two hours break for the citizens to purchase essential commodities.
"There has been no incident in the last 48 hours. Curfew was relaxed between 2 pm and 4 pm. We may allow 5-6 hours relaxation tomorrow too," Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray told PTI over phone.
The indefinite curfew was imposed in the block having 5000 population yesterday following a clash on Saturday in which one person was killed and several others got injured during immersion of Saraswati idol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire