Curfew relaxed for two hrs in Chatra, situation normal
Chatra (Jharkhand): Situation in the curfew-bound Pathalgadha block in Chatra district returned normal on Monday as the administration allowed two hours break for the citizens to purchase essential commodities.
"There has been no incident in the last 48 hours. Curfew was relaxed between 2 pm and 4 pm. We may allow 5-6 hours relaxation tomorrow too," Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray told PTI over phone.
The indefinite curfew was imposed in the block having 5000 population yesterday following a clash on Saturday in which one person was killed and several others got injured during immersion of Saraswati idol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary