Curfew relaxed for two hrs in Chatra, situation normal
Chatra (Jharkhand): Situation in the curfew-bound Pathalgadha block in Chatra district returned normal on Monday as the administration allowed two hours break for the citizens to purchase essential commodities.
"There has been no incident in the last 48 hours. Curfew was relaxed between 2 pm and 4 pm. We may allow 5-6 hours relaxation tomorrow too," Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray told PTI over phone.
The indefinite curfew was imposed in the block having 5000 population yesterday following a clash on Saturday in which one person was killed and several others got injured during immersion of Saraswati idol.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics