Cyber cafe owner cafe owner arrested after threat email
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Four persons, including the owner of a cyber cafe, were arrested on Friday on the charge of sending an email to the Commissioner of Delhi Police on June 2 with a threat to kill the country`s top political leaders.
Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said a message was received during the day from the Delhi Police that an email traced from its IP address to a cyber cafe Internet Point here was received threatening to kill the Prime Minister and the union Finance Minister.
The email to the Delhi Police, purportedly written by a widow of a retired employee of Central Coalfied Limited, claimed that she had not received his financial dues nor was the plea for employment for her son entertained, he said.
The email claimed the widow had written to the Prime Minister and the union Finance Minister but to no effect.
The SP said the email threatened that the widow was in contact with a Maoist Mahesh Ganjhu who would carry out the threat if no steps were taken.
The email was in the name of Baidehi Sharma of Arya Colony in Hazaribagh. After receiving the message from Delhi Police, the police here raided the cyber cafe and found that the identity of the sender of the email was not entered as was required though the date and timing were recorded.
The cyber cafe was sealed and its owner Adib Hassan arrested along with three others whose identities were not disclosed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan