Cylinder blast in Jharkhand: Two dead, 10 injured
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two persons, including a five-year-old child, were killed while ten others suffered serious burn injuries when four LPG cylinders exploded at a house in Latehar district on Sunday.
A 45-year-old woman died in the local hospital while the child succumbed to burns on way from Chandwa to a hospital in Ranchi, police said.
A CRPF officer, who happened to be near the area, was among the injured.
All the injured, who sustained 50 per cent to 60 per cent burns, were referred to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
Police suspect the blast occurred around 8 pm when the owner of the house, who allegedly used to sell gas illegally in retail, was filling the inflammable substance from one cylinder to another cylinder.
The blast destroyed a large portion of the house, police said.
Fire brigade personnel brought the fire under control after sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?