Cylinder blast in Jharkhand: Two dead, 10 injured
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two persons, including a five-year-old child, were killed while ten others suffered serious burn injuries when four LPG cylinders exploded at a house in Latehar district on Sunday.
A 45-year-old woman died in the local hospital while the child succumbed to burns on way from Chandwa to a hospital in Ranchi, police said.
A CRPF officer, who happened to be near the area, was among the injured.
All the injured, who sustained 50 per cent to 60 per cent burns, were referred to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
Police suspect the blast occurred around 8 pm when the owner of the house, who allegedly used to sell gas illegally in retail, was filling the inflammable substance from one cylinder to another cylinder.
The blast destroyed a large portion of the house, police said.
Fire brigade personnel brought the fire under control after sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’