Daughter kills father, brother in Ranchi
Ranchi: A married woman along with her paramour murdered her father and brother for property on outskirts of Ranchi, police said on Friday.
The accused, Sacchi Shekhar was arrested on Thursday.
According to police, Sacchi was living separately from her husband for past five years and had an alleged illicit relation with Awdesh Singh alias Pintoo.
Sacchi`s father, Lal Randheer Nath Sahdeo, 70, had constructed a house for her near his place. Her brother Lal Murari Nath Murari Sahdeo, who had knowledge of her extra-marital relation, was against the property being given to Sacchi. He was also not in favour of Sacchi`s illicit affair.
On Oct 22, Sacchi`s father and brother were shot dead in their house situated at Tupudana, around 20 km from here.
Both Sacchi and Pintoo had planned the murder for property and escape to Mumbai, police said.
Sachhi tried to dilute the investigation by blaming neighbours for land dispute. Three people named in the FIR were detained.
Police during investigation found Pintoo hired three people and with help of Sacchi to kill both father and son.
The changing statements of the woman and mobile call details unveiled the mystery of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...