`Dead` woman resurfaces; `killer` husband languishing in jail
Ranchi: A "dead" woman was found to be living with her boyfriend, now her husband, in Varanasi while the first husband is languishing in jail for "murdering" her, police said Monday.
Police said five other people arrested in connection with the murder are out on bail.
The woman, Pinki, was produced Monday in a court in Giridih, 300 km from state capital Ranchi.
In 2010, Pinki`s first marriage was solemnised with Arun Kumar.
On June 20, 2011, Pinki and Arun were headed to Bilaspur when she went missing. It later came to light that she eloped with her boyfriend, Nitesh Ram, and tied the knot.
Pinki`s parents had lodged an FIR against Arun, alleging that she was killed by her in-laws. Six people, including Arun, were jailed.
Arun`s family members found Pinki leading a married life with her second husband and a two-and-a-half-year child from the first marriage, in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. They then informed the police and she was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown