`Dead` woman resurfaces; `killer` husband languishing in jail
Ranchi: A "dead" woman was found to be living with her boyfriend, now her husband, in Varanasi while the first husband is languishing in jail for "murdering" her, police said Monday.
Police said five other people arrested in connection with the murder are out on bail.
The woman, Pinki, was produced Monday in a court in Giridih, 300 km from state capital Ranchi.
In 2010, Pinki`s first marriage was solemnised with Arun Kumar.
On June 20, 2011, Pinki and Arun were headed to Bilaspur when she went missing. It later came to light that she eloped with her boyfriend, Nitesh Ram, and tied the knot.
Pinki`s parents had lodged an FIR against Arun, alleging that she was killed by her in-laws. Six people, including Arun, were jailed.
Arun`s family members found Pinki leading a married life with her second husband and a two-and-a-half-year child from the first marriage, in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. They then informed the police and she was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman