`Dead` woman resurfaces; `killer` husband languishing in jail
Ranchi: A "dead" woman was found to be living with her boyfriend, now her husband, in Varanasi while the first husband is languishing in jail for "murdering" her, police said Monday.
Police said five other people arrested in connection with the murder are out on bail.
The woman, Pinki, was produced Monday in a court in Giridih, 300 km from state capital Ranchi.
In 2010, Pinki`s first marriage was solemnised with Arun Kumar.
On June 20, 2011, Pinki and Arun were headed to Bilaspur when she went missing. It later came to light that she eloped with her boyfriend, Nitesh Ram, and tied the knot.
Pinki`s parents had lodged an FIR against Arun, alleging that she was killed by her in-laws. Six people, including Arun, were jailed.
Arun`s family members found Pinki leading a married life with her second husband and a two-and-a-half-year child from the first marriage, in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. They then informed the police and she was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Attempt to provoke India again? Pak aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out