‘Debate regional parties` role in coalition govt’
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda today advocated a debate in parliament on the role of regional parties in the coalition government.
"I would not like to jump to any conclusion. I would rather like the issue to be debated in the parliament," Munda replied when asked whether the presence of regional parties in the coalition government led by him were affecting the functioning of the government in anyway.
Munda said it would not be appropriate to comment before the issue was discussed on the floor of the house.
The debate was necessary particularly when the country was set up on federal system, he said.
The chief minister, however, favoured a single party majority government for carrying out all round rapid development.
"We have to change our mindset and make people aware about sending a single party majority government to achieve the goal," he observed.
Negating the opposition charges of non-performance by the Jharkhand government, the chief minister said, "Our state budget has gone up to about Rs 38,000 crore including Rs 18000 crore planned budget today from Rs 2000 crore in 2000."
"How can it (budget) go up to such an extent without achieving development?", he asked, claiming that majority of the state highways have already been improved. Also over 22,000 villages in the state have been electrified and availing at least 16-hour electricity.
Caste-based politics have already hindered the growth of the state as well as the country, Munda replied, when asked about the demand of non-tribal chief minister in the state.
However, Munda categorically refused to comment on any controversial issue, saying,"such things had already caused considerable damage to the state in the past."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras