Defer Hazaribagh poll, date clashes with Ram Navami: Sinha
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader and Hazaribagh MP Yashwant Sinha on Thursday said he appealed to the Election Commission to postpone the April 10 poll in his Lok Sabha constituency as it is Rama Navami.
"I have faxed a letter to CEC VS Sampath requesting him to postpone the polls in Hazaribagh constituency to April 17 as the original schedule clashes with Ram Navami, when lakhs of devotees will take part in processions to observe the festival," Sinha told reporters here.
Stating that the CEC is not aware of the celebrations in Hazaribagh, Sinha said the entire administration would be busy in maintaining law and order for the processions, which would end late in the evening of April 10, the polling day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India