Defer Hazaribagh poll, date clashes with Ram Navami: Sinha
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader and Hazaribagh MP Yashwant Sinha on Thursday said he appealed to the Election Commission to postpone the April 10 poll in his Lok Sabha constituency as it is Rama Navami.
"I have faxed a letter to CEC VS Sampath requesting him to postpone the polls in Hazaribagh constituency to April 17 as the original schedule clashes with Ram Navami, when lakhs of devotees will take part in processions to observe the festival," Sinha told reporters here.
Stating that the CEC is not aware of the celebrations in Hazaribagh, Sinha said the entire administration would be busy in maintaining law and order for the processions, which would end late in the evening of April 10, the polling day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi