Defer Hazaribagh poll, date clashes with Ram Navami: Sinha
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader and Hazaribagh MP Yashwant Sinha on Thursday said he appealed to the Election Commission to postpone the April 10 poll in his Lok Sabha constituency as it is Rama Navami.
"I have faxed a letter to CEC VS Sampath requesting him to postpone the polls in Hazaribagh constituency to April 17 as the original schedule clashes with Ram Navami, when lakhs of devotees will take part in processions to observe the festival," Sinha told reporters here.
Stating that the CEC is not aware of the celebrations in Hazaribagh, Sinha said the entire administration would be busy in maintaining law and order for the processions, which would end late in the evening of April 10, the polling day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price