Developments in Jharkhand a big blow to value based politics: Yechury
Indore: Expressing concern over the
political crisis in Jharkhand, CPM`s senior party leader
Sitarm Yechury Saturday said that the developments in the state
have dealt a severe blow to the politics of morality and its
culmination will depend on bargaining.
"The Jharkhand development had dealt a big blow to the
value based politics and now whatever is going to happen will
depend on political bargaining," Yechury told reporters here
after a programme at the Indore Press Club.
He felt that Shibu Soren should have resigned from his
Lok Sabha membership after he became Jharkhand Chief Minister.
However, he remained MP as well as Chief Minister due to legal
lacunae in the system.
The decision of Soren`s Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM)
to vote in favour of the UPA government during the opposition
sponsored cut motion has led to a political turmoil in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened