Dhoni to help in anti-Maoist campaign?
Ranchi: Jharkhand Police have sought help of Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni in a campaign against Maoist rebels.
Jharkhand Director General of Police (DGP) Neyaz Ahmad met Dhoni at his home in Harmu housing colony Monday. The Jharkhand police chief termed the meeting a courtesy call.
However, according to informed sources, Ahmed sought Dhoni`s help in a campaign against Maoist rebels. Police want a video message from Dhoni appealing to the Maoists to shun violence and join the mainstream of society.
The state police also want Dhoni to appeal to the people not to support the left wing extremists and not join their rank and file.
Dhoni has yet to give his consent to the state police`s request. Dhoni is on the hit list of the Maoist rebels and has been provided Y-category security cover.
In the past, Dhoni has supported causes and drives like against child labour and to promote children`s education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city