Dhoni to help in anti-Maoist campaign?
Ranchi: Jharkhand Police have sought help of Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni in a campaign against Maoist rebels.
Jharkhand Director General of Police (DGP) Neyaz Ahmad met Dhoni at his home in Harmu housing colony Monday. The Jharkhand police chief termed the meeting a courtesy call.
However, according to informed sources, Ahmed sought Dhoni`s help in a campaign against Maoist rebels. Police want a video message from Dhoni appealing to the Maoists to shun violence and join the mainstream of society.
The state police also want Dhoni to appeal to the people not to support the left wing extremists and not join their rank and file.
Dhoni has yet to give his consent to the state police`s request. Dhoni is on the hit list of the Maoist rebels and has been provided Y-category security cover.
In the past, Dhoni has supported causes and drives like against child labour and to promote children`s education.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!