`Dictator` Soren didn`t consult party on ties with BJP: MLAs
Hazaribagh: Two senior JMM
MLAs, who were denied ministerial berths, today accused party
supremo and Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren of behaving
like a "dictator" and alleged that he did not consult its
leaders on alliance with the BJP.
"Soren did not even care to convene the JMM executive
body meeting to decide on the formation of coalition
government with the BJP and the AJSU and went ahead with the
formation of the government, behaving like a dictator," senior
JMM MLAs Simon Marandi and Teklal Mahato told a news
Alleging that Soren took the decision without consulting
party MLAs, the duo alleged that the party chief did not even
discuss the selection of MLAs while expanding his cabinet
"We have been ignored for ministerial posts despite our
seniority. I belong to the Christian Community and the first
JMM MLA to be elected in 1977. Teklal Mahato is a five-time
JMM MLA," Marandi said.
They alleged that Soren had asked them to accompany him
to the Raj Bhawan to take oath as their names were included in
the cabinet ministers list on Saturday.
"But when we reached there, Soren told us our names were
changed in the last minute. This also hurt us the most. So we
went away from the place."
The days of this government are numbered and it cannot
fulfil the desire of the people of Jharkhand and develop the
state, they claimed.
"We are watching the situation closely as we are in
favour of development of Jharkhand," they said adding that the
duo will take appropriate steps jointly at an opportune
"Many other party MLAs will also follow us," Marandi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened